PhD or PostDoc Position at TU Dresden in Germany

Pascal Kerschke

Jul 3, 2021, 10:34:08 AM7/3/21
to coseal
Hello,

Our group, Big Data Analytics in Transportation at TU Dresden (Germany), is looking for a new team member (PhD or PostDoc position).

If you are a proactive and highly committed team-player, enjoy working on data analytical projects and want to take the very rare chance to be involved in building up a completely new chair (which was founded a few months ago), apply now!
You will have the chance to "win" a full-time position (part-time on request) in a young, dynamic team with a great atmosphere and low hierarchy. By joining our group, you will be part of TU Dresden (one of Germany's 12 elite universities), the "Friedrich List" Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences (which gives you the opportunity to conduct research in various projects related to mobility, traffic, transportation, and many more), and as if that were not enough, we are also associated with ScaDS.AI (one of the German centers for artificial intelligence).
Moreover, Dresden itself is one of the most livable cities in Germany, with a gorgeous, historic city center, and lots of nature nearby. Also its approx. half-way between Berlin and Prague (ca. 2:00-3:00h each).

In return, we are looking for applicants with a very good university degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Transportation Economics (focus: Data Analytics, Econometrics or Optimization), Information Systems, Mathematics or a comparable course of study.
In addition to substantial skills in data analytics, we expect profound knowledge in statistical and/or data analytical programming languages (i.e., R and/or Python) and in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following topics:
  • (Large-Scale) Data Science (including Data Analytics, Stream Mining, Deep Learning, Visualization)
  • Machine Learning (e.g., AutoML, Algorithm Selection / Configuration, Feature Selection, Hyperparameter Optimization, Uncertainty Quantification, Robustness, Federated Learning)
  • Explainable AI / Interpretable Machine Learning (e.g., comprehensibility of algorithmic behavior, social impact of algorithms)
  • Optimization (e.g., evolutionary, multi-objective, mixed-integer, large-scale)
  • Benchmarking (e.g., performance evaluation, problem characterization)
  • Route planning (e.g., vehicle routing, traveling salesperson problem)
  • Time series analysis.
We request very good English skills as well as a strong passion for answering to and developing solutions for data analytical questions.
German language skills and some initial experience in answering questions related to transportation and/or economics are desirable, but not mandatory. The same applies to university teaching (for example, by supervising tutorials), scientific work (e.g., publications) and/or the implementation of collaborative software projects (including the use of Git, Docker, etc.).

Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.

If there are any questions about the position, just send me an email.
The application deadline is July 30, 2021.
A pdf with the official job offer can be found here.

Have a great weekend,
Pascal Kerschke

PS: Of course, feel free to forward this job offer to any person, who might be interested in this position.