Have my own fork with a few updates. Take a look?

James Russell

Oct 14, 2018, 5:50:50 PM10/14/18
to CorsixTH Development
Here it is:

I added scroll speed, shift scroll speed, and zoom speed options to the option menu. Added ability to change in-game hotkeys; no in-game window to change them, yet. Made diagonal scrolling the same speed as horizontal or diagonal scrolling speed (it's been normalized).

Any thoughts? I'm figuring on doing some more work to enhance the experience, esp. being able to change keys in-game.

Phil Morrell

Oct 15, 2018, 7:37:36 AM10/15/18
to James Russell, CorsixTH Development
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 02:50:49PM -0700, James Russell wrote:
> I added scroll speed, shift scroll speed, and zoom speed options to the
> option menu. Added ability to change in-game hotkeys; no in-game window to
> change them, yet. Made diagonal scrolling the same speed as horizontal or
> diagonal scrolling speed (it's been normalized).

Some nice features, but any reason you created a new file, rather than
extending the existing configuration, perhaps with a new section head?

Your best bet for feedback is to create a Pull Request and respond to
any comments for improvement:

https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/compare/master...leiget:master

> Any thoughts? I'm figuring on doing some more work to enhance the
> experience, esp. being able to change keys in-game.

Just a workflow comment (I don't know how much experience you have with
git), you've got one large commit with approx 4 features. This generally
makes it more difficult to include since it's all or nothing, so I
recommend splitting your work into individual commits. You can also use
branches for unrelated features, for example:

https://github.com/mugmuggy/CorsixTH/branches
signature.asc

James Russell

Oct 15, 2018, 12:33:40 PM10/15/18
to CorsixTH Development
I'm new to Git, so from now on I'll do smaller updates, but I'm not sure what I can do about my fork that's already been updated.

And when you talked about how I added a new file, did you mean /CorsixTH/lua/hotkeys.lua"? Because that didn't have anything in it and I just forgot to delete it when I uploaded the commit.

Phil Morrell

Oct 15, 2018, 12:51:27 PM10/15/18
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 09:33:39AM -0700, James Russell wrote:
> And when you talked about how I added a new file, did you mean
> /CorsixTH/lua/hotkeys.lua"? Because that didn't have anything in it and I
> just forgot to delete it when I uploaded the commit.

No, I was curious about the separate --hotkeys-file loading, rather than
adding the hotkeys to the existing --config-file, but it's not
important, just open the pull request :).
signature.asc