Rhetoric That Surrounds: Waving Freely, The Rhetoric of Visual Communication

stpi...@oakland.edu

Sep 20, 2019, 1:42:00 PM9/20/19
to Corridors 2019 Phase II

In order to demonstrate everyday artifacts, we will be offering our own brief rhetorical analysis of a potent cultural artifact: common flags flown in America.  Our lesson plan will encourage students by having them analyze the history, evolution, meaning and impact of different flags, such as the American flag, Confederate flag, Pride flag, etc. We will model a lesson plan around this that offers points of analysis, then have the audience consider their own cultural artifact to analyze. Ultimately, the goal of this lesson plan is to offer an interesting and unique way to perform rhetorical analysis to look deeper into the messages surrounding them.