jQuery breaks with Cornerz + UI Dialog

Nikola

Feb 1, 2009, 12:56:02 AM2/1/09
to Cornerz
Hello,

I've found that when rounding 'any' corner on a page which uses UI
Dialog, jQuery breaks. I'm not sure what is happening but here is a
minimal test case which illustrates the problem.

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/102211/

Thanks,
Nikola

Jonah Fox

Feb 1, 2009, 8:27:34 AM2/1/09
to cor...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks - works in Firefox - will have to wait till I get to work to try on windows.

Nikola

Feb 1, 2009, 8:47:08 PM2/1/09
to Cornerz
Hi, sorry, I forgot to mention it's an IE7 problem. Thanks for the
reply to. This is an excellent corner plug-in to by the way. Have you
ever thought about getting with the UI team to include this in the
next UI? I think it would be a welcomed addition. Also, it would be
great if you included the options to bevel and notch corners similar
to what JRC does...

On Feb 1, 8:27 am, Jonah Fox <jonah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey thanks - works in Firefox - will have to wait till I get to work to try
> on windows.

Scott

Feb 3, 2009, 8:40:57 AM2/3/09
to Cornerz
oh man, I thought I found the perfect rounded corners plugin and I
happen to use jQuery UI Dialogs. In fact, that's the ONLY jQuery UI
element I use at the moment! Jonah, if you could fix this that'd be
great. Thanks.

Nikola

Feb 3, 2009, 8:45:08 AM2/3/09
to Cornerz
Richard Worth got back to me on this. Here are links to the jQuery UI
discussion on this as well as the Bug Ticket the UI Development is
taking a look at. They've taken an interest in this..

jQuery UI Group
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui/browse_thread/thread/259fd784e4b454f9/aa21f1a95aaec251?hl=en#aa21f1a95aaec251

UI Development Ticket
http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/4020

Jonah Fox

Feb 3, 2009, 9:53:56 AM2/3/09
to cor...@googlegroups.com
I've had a quick look - it seems it's nothing to do with jquery dialogue - its occuring simpy upon the jQuery select which is very bizarre.

I had a look at the plugin and it seems to be related to the insertion of VML into the page

still mystified .... !
Message has been deleted

Nikola

Feb 3, 2009, 12:35:48 PM2/3/09
to Cornerz
I thought it must be related to VML in some way, I couldn't think of
anything else that would cause the Dialog problem..

On Feb 3, 9:53 am, Jonah Fox <jonah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a quick look - it seems it's nothing to do with jquery dialogue -
> its occuring simpy upon the jQuery select which is very bizarre.
>
> I had a look at the plugin and it seems to be related to the insertion of
> VML into the page
>
> still mystified .... !
>
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Nikola <nik.cod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Richard Worth got back to me on this.  Here are links to the jQuery UI
> > discussion on this as well as the Bug Ticket the UI Development is
> > taking a look at.  They've taken an interest in this..
>
> > jQuery UI Group
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui/browse_thread/thread/259fd78...

Nikola

Feb 3, 2009, 7:25:19 PM2/3/09
to Cornerz
There is actually a jQuery Development ticket on this as well. The
problem is the same down to having to restart the browser, which I
didn't mention as I thought it was a browser glitch, in order to
restart the application.

jQuery Bug Tracker
http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/3265

Nikola

Feb 13, 2009, 12:08:17 PM2/13/09
to Cornerz
There's been a major update on this issue, 'MGL' managed to debug this
and discovered what's happening. Apparently the problem lies with
the :visible selector in jQuery. John Reisig has taken a look into
this and I think a temporary work around and solution is right around
the corner which is good news!

Sizzle.js Discussion Group
http://groups.google.com/group/sizzlejs/browse_thread/thread/6ecce8ef49d63f38?hl=en

On Feb 3, 7:25 pm, Nikola <nik.cod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is actually a jQuery Development ticket on this as well.   The
> problem is the same down to having to restart the browser, which I
> didn't mention as I thought it was a browser glitch, in order to
> restart the application.
>
> jQuery Bug Trackerhttp://dev.jquery.com/ticket/3265

Jonah Fox

Feb 13, 2009, 1:29:35 PM2/13/09
to cor...@googlegroups.com
wow great work Nikola. Thanks for pushing through on this :)

Nikola

Feb 13, 2009, 2:06:01 PM2/13/09
to cor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I was hopeful that someone more knowledgeable than I could figure figure this out.  I'm glad MGL was able to do so.  With John looking into this, and with the problem being so peculiar (who'd have imagined it was the :visible selector) I'm sure that a global jQuery VML fix is in the works which is awesome. ^^

Nikola

Feb 15, 2009, 9:20:38 PM2/15/09
to Cornerz
The official fix is landing tommorow! Simple MSIE rounded corners
here we come. :)