Configuring OHIF v2 to Open Studies with the Side Panel Closed

Valentí Montoya

Jul 27, 2023, 8:18:14 AM7/27/23
to cornerstone platform
Hi!

I've been working with OHIF v2 ("v2-legacy" branch) recently and encountered a small challenge. By default, the side panel (the one that contains thumbnails of different series) is always open when opening studies. However, our project's requirements call for this panel to be closed by default.

I've been searching for a solution and tried a few things, but haven't found a straightforward option within the configuration settings to achieve this behaviour. So, I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has successfully configured OHIF v2 to open studies with the left panel closed.

If you've faced a similar situation or know how to achieve this, please share your insights or code snippets. It would be immensely helpful for our project, and I'm sure others will benefit from this information as well.

Please keep in mind that we're currently using the "v2-legacy" branch of OHIF, and we'd prefer to stick with this version for now due to specific project dependencies.

Thank you all for being such an amazing and supportive community!
ohifv2.png

Nicolas Dumont

Jul 27, 2023, 10:30:07 AM7/27/23
to Valentí Montoya, cornerstone platform
Hello everyone,
I faced the same demand last month for one of our projects. I did not find any solution directly available with the existing configuration.
So the solution I implemented was to change directly the OHIF code and build and start the "new solution"
By the way, this is probably implemented in the new version otherwise, it should ^^
Hope it helps you
Nico