Viewing embedded PDF documents, DCM series / instance ?

Stephen Douglas Scotti

Jun 7, 2020, 12:19:46 AM6/7/20
to cornerstone platform
I've been developing  a project using an Orthanc Instance, and I've been using both the Osimis Web Viewer / Standard  Version and a build of OHIF.  They both work fairly well and I'm running them behind an NGINX reverse proxy using the http_auth module.  I've figured out how to attach a PDF report to a study as a DCM series and instance, and the report does show up and is rendered in the Osimis Web Viewer.

I don't see too many errors in the Web Dev Console, and it is retrieving MetaData, etc., although I can't tell if it is even retrieving any data for the PDF report instance.

There is something in the console at the end that says:

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 401 Resource URL: https://example.com/index.umd.js

Although, everything else seems to be working fine with both the OHIF viewer and the Orthanc Viewer, just that the PDF document does not show up with OHIF.

Does anyone have prior experience with that ?  Does OHIF even support having "Dicomized" PDF documents in the study ?

Thanks.

Augmented Reporting

Jun 26, 2022, 5:26:29 PM6/26/22
to cornerstone platform
FYI, PDF not yet supported in OHIF v3-stable

Stephen Douglas Scotti

Jun 28, 2022, 5:14:19 PM6/28/22
to cornerstone platform
I actually revisited this, and with my setup it at least recognized the series as an encapsulated PDF, but it does not render it in the viewer pane.  Is this something that is under development, or do I need to have an extension installed.  I'm just using the setup with the CDN libraries currently.

<script src="https://unpkg.com/re...@16.14.0/umd/react.production.min.js" crossorigin></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/reac...@16.14.0/umd/react-dom.production.min.js" crossorigin></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/@ohif/vie...@4.12.28/dist/index.umd.js" crossorigin></script>

  <script>

    var containerId = "root";
    var componentRenderedOrUpdatedCallback = function(){
      console.log('OHIF Viewer rendered/updated');
    }
window.config = {
  // default: '/'
  routerBasename: '/OHIFViewer',
  extensions: [],
  showStudyList: false,
  filterQueryParam: false,
  servers: {
    dicomWeb: [
      {
        name: 'ORTHANC',
        wadoUriRoot: '/pacs-2/wado',
        qidoRoot: '/pacs-2/dicom-web',
        wadoRoot: '/pacs-2/dicom-web',
        qidoSupportsIncludeField: false,
        imageRendering: 'wadors',
        thumbnailRendering: 'wadors'
      },
    ],
  },
  cornerstoneExtensionConfig: {},
};

window.OHIFViewer.installViewer(window.config, containerId, componentRenderedOrUpdatedCallback);

//https://portal.medical.ky/OHIFViewer/viewer/1.3.76.2.1.1.4.1.2.5388.669111771

</script>
pdf.jpg