Use pixel array data instead of images using cornerstone?

Ava Bartolome

Aug 22, 2021, 3:28:53 PM8/22/21
to cornerstone platform
Hi everyone,

I am modifying a web application that displays .dcm images using Cornerstone. Without changing too much of the implementation, I am exploring the idea of using an hdf5 file to store and access image pixel data, as opposed to using local files of .dcm images.

I'm able to render images from the pixel data without the use of cornerstone, but this isn't ideal as the web app uses cornerstone for displaying image slices and interacting with them (via cornerstone tools).

Does cornerstone have a feature that allows you to input pixel array data instead of an image/image path?

Thanks!
Ava

Jay L

Aug 23, 2021, 3:52:54 PM8/23/21
to cornerstone platform
Not sure if I'm answering your question or not.

Have you looked into writing your own HDF5 imageLoader following the cornerstone image loader API.  You can use the existing WEB/WADO or DICOM (default) image loader as an example.

Parse HDF5 object in your loader and return the image object.  Then just have to register and pass in the proper url.

Jay