Runtime Performance Tools

Forest

Nov 29, 2010, 7:53:58 PM11/29/10
to Cornell CS 2110
I am wondering if there is any eclipse plug-in that analyze runtime
performance? (number of each method is called, how long each call
takes)

Johnathon Schultz

Nov 29, 2010, 8:31:47 PM11/29/10
to cornell...@googlegroups.com
You could try the Eclipse Test & Performance tools Platform (TPTP).

Johnathon

Nick Heiner

Nov 29, 2010, 8:35:02 PM11/29/10
to cornell...@googlegroups.com
I think Sun also used to distribute some sort of basic profiler, although I'm not sure what happened to that.

Shameless plug: If you were using C#, you could use profiling tools built right into the IDE that is available for free through Cornell MSDNAA.

ninelife

Nov 29, 2010, 8:41:33 PM11/29/10
to cornell...@googlegroups.com
Yes, C# wins! (To be more precise, Visual Studio wins!)

TPTP doesn't seem to work and the get started documentation somehow redirect to a JUNIT tutorial....sigh