What will be on the final?

Nick Heiner

Dec 8, 2010, 11:20:59 AM12/8/10
to CS2110 Discussion
What is the rough distribution of expected topics on the final? Focusing on the last part of the course? Cumulative? Focusing on topics that we didn't have to implement, because we've already worked with those enough?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick Heiner

Dec 8, 2010, 11:27:27 AM12/8/10
to CS2110 Discussion
Hahaha, I meant to send this to my CS 4620 listserv. Oops. They both start with "cornell-cs" and end with "@googlegroups.com" Sorry for the spam.

Tim

Dec 10, 2010, 4:48:15 PM12/10/10
to Cornell CS 2110
Do we need to know about observer, mutators, and immutable data as
shown in the CS Final Spring 06?

Ken Birman

Dec 11, 2010, 8:34:41 AM12/11/10
to Cornell CS 2110
There is a simple, generic answer to such questions: you need to know
the topics we covered in class or in recitation sections, and the
level of details you need to be familiar with should be the level
you've seen on slides or in practice exams, quizzes and homework
assignments.

Based on that rule, the answer to your specific question is obvious:
"nope." But this rule answers other questions you didn't specifically
ask, too....

Ben Kennet

Dec 14, 2010, 1:31:00 AM12/14/10
to cornell...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if maybe this is a repeat of the previous question, but I guess I was wondering if it is likely that any of the new material (JVM, Virtual computing, Quantum computing) is going to be on the exam.  From what I can tell of previous exams, our assignments, recitations and the review session Sunday/review slides posted online, it doesn't seem like these are topics that are particularly focused on in the course overall.
Would it be wrong to assume that it isn't likely the exam will ask these sorts of questions?

Again, I apologize if this question merits a reply similar to the one you gave previously, but I figured I'd ask...

Thanks,
Ben
--
~Benjamin Kennet