Corman Lisp and quicklisp or package import

Robert Herman

Sep 30, 2019, 2:39:31 PM9/30/19
to cormanlisp
Is this appropriate forum for questions for the revived Corman Lisp, or Github?

First, thanks to Roger and the people currently working on Corman Lisp. It is something I have been playing with for a week, since it is so convenient for me on Windows as a forever beginner with Lisp. The IDE and Hyperspec links are so helpful.

I would like to go further with Corman Lisp before having to resort to SBCL or other implementation for the ease of importing other Lisp packages or libraries via quicklisp. Can packages or libraries be imported via quicklisp into Corman Lisp? Or can I simply put them in the project directory, and they will compile with my user-specific code? Thanks!

Rob

Jonathan Johansen

Oct 11, 2019, 8:51:16 AM10/11/19
to cormanlisp
For bug reports and related discussion about a bug, use github. Here is fine to discuss other Corman Lisp things though.

I know, right! It's a Common Lisp with a Windows based UI - Emacs was just too alien for me to get after two disparate attempts.

I tried quicklisp a while ago with no luck - I'd try it and see if you can make any progress on the first issue you find :-). I'll have to defer to others for more information.

Akshay C

Jan 2, 2022, 9:02:24 AM1/2/22
to cormanlisp
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to install quicklisp in Corman Lisp? The installation instructions are given on this link ( Quicklisp beta). I tried running the example program "console-stuff.lisp" but could not figure out the load instructions for Corman lisp. Any instructions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Akshay C

Jan 2, 2022, 9:16:33 AM1/2/22
to cormanlisp
I just tried evaluating the following function in the worksheet

(load "F:\\quicklisp.lisp")

Then, at the prompt I entered

(quicklisp-quickstart:install)

The installation aborts with the following error messages

;;; An error of type SIMPLE-ERROR was detected in function ENSURE-ASDF-LOADED:
;;; Error: Could not load ASDF "3.0" or newer