Marathon reminder: race runs this Sunday through Corktown

Matt Elliott

Oct 18, 2013, 1:26:47 PM10/18/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey Corktowners,

Just a friendly reminder that the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon will take place this SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20. With the marathon taking a bit of a zig-zag route through Corktown, it'd be in your best interest not to plan on getting anywhere in your car while runners are en route between approximately 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

If you'd like to gather and cheer the runners on, Underpass Park should be a great spot for race-viewing!

Keep checking corktown.ca for more local updates. I've just posted a link to a recent article in Xtra! magazine chronicling some of our great local businesses. Check it out here: http://corktown.ca/2013/10/xtra-puts-the-spotlight-on-corktown-businesses/

And as a final reminder: please mark your calendars for the next CRBA public meeting on November 5. Please note that we will be trying out a new location for this meeting, so come to Dixon Hall at 58 Sumach Street. The meeting will run at the usual time - 7 to 9 p.m.

Best,
Matt

-----
Matt Elliott
Corktown Residents & Business Association
corktown.ca | @CorktownTO

Matt Elliott

Oct 18, 2013, 2:43:18 PM10/18/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey again,

An eagle-eyed reader pointed out that I goofed on the location for the next CRBA meeting on November 5.

The location is actually the Dixon Hall Employment Centre at 489 Queen Street East (3rd floor).

It is located on the southeast corner of Queen Street & Sumach. Again, we'll be meeting from 7 to 9 p.m.

Please update your calendars accordingly. Apologies for the confusion!

Best,
Matt

---
Matt Elliott
City Hall Columnist/Blogger, "Ford for Toronto" at metronews.ca
Twitter: @GraphicMatt
Web: mattelliott.ca

Begin forwarded message:

Visit Corktown's website at http://www.corktown.ca and follow us on Twitter, @CorktownTO

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Corktown Residents and Business Association" group.