Streetcar testing on Queen East, Nightly - Oct 27 to 30

Matt Elliott

Oct 23, 2013, 12:07:56 PM10/23/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

We’ve received an advisory from the TTC regarding testing for the new streetcar which will be taking place on Queen East between River and Parliament nightly between October 27 and October 30.

The testing will take place between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. and will require traffic and parking restrictions, along with transit diversions. Please see our website for more details: http://corktown.ca/2013/10/streetcar-testing-on-queen-east-to-take-place-nightly-october-27-to-30/

If anyone happens to catch any photos of the new streetcar in Corktown, please send them our way.

Best,
Matt

-----
Matt Elliott - Secretary
Corktown Residents & Business Association
corktown.ca | @CorktownTO

Larry Webb

Oct 23, 2013, 12:26:57 PM10/23/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt.

Purely as a matter of curiosity, not complaint, do you know why they picked this particular stretch to test?  Seems an odd selection with a signalled intersection and a crosswalk.  Parliament to Sherbourne has no signals between.  Similarly if it’s impact on residents, I would have thought there are other less populated stretches including the stretch by Greenwood right near their own yard!

Anyway, I think we’ll all be out looking for photo ops!!

Cheers, L

Visit Corktown's website at http://www.corktown.ca and follow us on Twitter, @CorktownTO

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Corktown Residents and Business Association" group.