Marathon Information & Friends of Corktown Common reminder

Matt Elliott

Oct 3, 2013, 1:08:40 PM10/3/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

Thanks to all who came out for our public meeting on Tuesday night. It was informative and efficient.

As promised, I have posted details about the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon to corktown.ca. It will take place Sunday, October 20 and the circuitous route through Corktown will definitely pose a problem if you try to drive a car while the race is on.

We're told that runners will be in Corktown between 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

As an upside, there is an opportunity for Corktowners to get together on marathon morning and help cheer the runners on. We're planning to meet at Underpass Park -- I'll have more details on that in the coming days.

Also, don't forget about this weekend's inaugural Friends of Corktown Common get together. It'll be held on Saturday, October 5 at 2 p.m. in the Corktown Common pavilion. Details are here: http://corktown.ca/2013/09/friends-of-corktown-common-to-hold-first-get-together-on-october-5/

Best,
Matt

-----
Matt Elliott - Secretary
Corktown Residents & Business Association
corktown.ca | @CorktownTO