Corktown updates and meeting follow-up

Matt Elliott

Sep 16, 2013, 11:24:04 AM9/16/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

With summer behind us (boo!), there's a lot going on in Corktown these days. Here are a few super important items.

CBRA Public Meeting Follow-up

Thanks to all who attended the CRBA's September meeting on September 3. We had a great conversation on preserving local heritage.

The complete Ryerson Heritage report (interim and final) is available for download here: http://corktown.ca/2013/06/ryerson-students-present-final-report-on-their-corktown-heritage-study/

At the meeting, we also talked about a CRBA request to the city to install a sidewalk on Richmond Street between St. Paul & Power. I've posted lots of details on this proposal here: http://corktown.ca/2013/09/crba-sidewalk-request/

CRBA member Sandra Schneider recommended a book with scenes set on Corktown's Old Sumach Street. I've posted some information on the book, Thelma Wheatley's "And Neither Have I Wings to Fly" here: http://corktown.ca/2013/09/thelma-wheatley-neither-have-i-wings-to-fly/

I'll have full minutes from the meeting up shortly. The next CRBA meeting is 7 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1 at the Dominion on Queen -- don't miss it!

This Week's News & Events

Things to note!

- How great do the old Georgian storefronts look at 399 King East? Little Trinity did amazing work.

- Toronto Planning is holding another community consultation on proposed revisions to the plan for phase 3-5 of the Regent Park revitalization. Tuesday, September 17 at Daniels Spectrum.

- Councillor Pam McConnell is holding a budget town hall this Wednesday at the Regent Park Presentation Centre

- Our friends at Alumnae Theatre kick off their fall season with THE UNDERPANTS this Friday -- make sure you get tickets.

- It's rockabilly weekend at the Dominion on Queen! An absolutely mind-boggling number of shows are planned.

Full details at corktown.ca.

Fall Corktowner

Hopefully most of you received the fall edition of our newsletter, the Corktowner, in your mailboxes. It's also available online here: http://corktown.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Corktowner-Fall-2013-web.pdf

Best,
Matt

-----
Matt Elliott - Secretary
Corktown Residents & Business Association
corktown.ca | @CorktownTO