Weekly CORKTOWN news & events + by-election debate

Matt Elliott

Nov 10, 2013, 7:56:54 PM11/10/13
to cork...@googlegroups.com
Hey Corktowners,

I’ve just posted my usual weekly round-up of local news and events for Corktown. Lots going on this week:

- FIRE WORK at Alumnae Theatre kicks off, which looks to be some mighty good theatre - don’t miss it
- The hotly-anticipated opening of THE HEALTHY ROAD on Tuesday
- A great historical event at the Parliament Interpretive Centre on Thursday, examining the role women played in the War of 1812
- The 11th annual Regent Park Film Festival, which is totally free to attend and includes a great line-up of films

***

In addition, please don’t forget about the up-coming TORONTO CENTRE BY-ELECTION DEBATE, which the CRBA is co-presenting with a number of east-side neighbourhood associations on November 20 at Jarvis Collegiate. All the details are here:

Remember that we’re looking for residents to submit questions which may be asked to the candidates. Please send them to in...@corktown.ca.

Thanks to all those who have already sent in their questions! We’ve got some great ones already.

Best,
Matt

-----
Matt Elliott, Secretary
Corktown Residents & Business Association
corktown.ca | @CorktownTO