Home for old softball gear

Ali Twomey

Apr 21, 2014, 6:02:43 AM4/21/14
to cork softball
Hey all,

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks and have still got some gear that I'll like to find a home for or else it'll need to be dumped. Saying that the 5 bats are old and probably illegal, the 2 bags of balls are probably illegal too. Have also got spare set of bases, catcher's mask and a mit.

While the club is pretty much defunct at this point, I still have the accounts and there's a bank account for the club, not that there's much left in it. But it would be good to offload those too, though Brian Turner is also a signatory on the a/c.

Anyone who wants to take the stuff off my hands, e-mail me over the next couple days. I'll be doing a dump run this Friday, 25 April.

Thanks,

Brian Turner

Apr 22, 2014, 4:07:56 PM4/22/14
to Ali Twomey, cork softball
I don't particularly have any desire to remain on as a signatory to an account for an effectively defunct club, so unless anyone wants to take it on then I suggest we close the account and use what little money remains for a goodbye (to Alison and the club) drink.

I posted on Facebook a while back to try to gauge interest in reviving the club but only got about three replies which, while welcome, were a long way off the number that would be needed. I'm not sure if it would change anything, but there's a new baseball/softball club starting up in UCC, so if the club were to be revived then there might be some local opposition against whom games could be organised.

Sent from my iPad

Ciaran O'Sullivan (E-mail)

Apr 22, 2014, 4:16:14 PM4/22/14
to Brian Turner, Ali Twomey, cork softball
Brian,

I think that is an excellent suggestion.

Ciaran
--
XXIII

Brian Aherne

Apr 23, 2014, 8:40:39 AM4/23/14
to Ciaran O'Sullivan (E-mail), Brian Turner, Ali Twomey, cork softball
Yep, sounds good. Wonder how much we have.

Ali Twomey

Apr 23, 2014, 9:01:53 AM4/23/14
to Brian Aherne, Brian Turner, Ciaran O'Sullivan, (E-mail), cork softball

Not much at all!! Brian has latest statement, so he can say.
All for farewell drink for the club but please not for me, especially when I've got so much going on before i leave that i might not be able to make it:-( thanks for sentiment!!

Brian Turner

Apr 23, 2014, 9:10:58 AM4/23/14
to Ali Twomey, Brian Aherne, Ciaran O'Sullivan, (E-mail), cork softball
I'd better dig out that statement then! I hope you'll be around to close the account...I don't want to be left with a dormant account, it's got too many negative connotations! :-)

Sent from my iPad