A year and a half more of no contact from Re-E-Power and Kevin Plank

IsleVegan

Nov 8, 2011, 10:39:43 PM11/8/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
Kevin has done nothing to resolve the problem with the motors (two) with failed seals that leaked water into themselves and were thusly damaged.

These motors were run for no more than 15-20 hours total from the time they were brand new. They both totally failed well under a year after installation and well within the 2 yr warranty period yet nothing has been done to resolve this problem.

Michael Nikisher

Nov 9, 2011, 9:30:59 AM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with that issue. I gave up and did a redesign using the controller and a MARS motor mounted inside of the boat. I designed a motor mounting bracket to mount the motor and speed reduction pulley. I will give my list of materials and drawings to anyone in this group who is dead in the water because of RE-E-Power.

If anyone is willing to put their name on a letter to the major sailing magazines (Sailing, Cruising World, Practical Sailor, Good Old Boat, Sail) describing the problems with RE-E-Power I would join them. The June 2011 issue of Sailing magazine had an article on electric propulsion systems that listed RE-E-Power as a system vendor. Arrrrgggghhhh!

-- Michael

IsleVegan

Nov 9, 2011, 1:04:35 PM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
For sure, I'm willing to join in such a notice about re-e-power. All Kevin has done, since we started complaining, is say we might hurt his business and therefore his ability to help us. I guess we should keep quiet so he can gather more suckers and continue to ignore those that got him started.

Michael Nikisher

Nov 9, 2011, 2:50:56 PM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to draft up something or should I?

-- Michael

E.

Nov 9, 2011, 3:02:19 PM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to get started with something on docs.google.com and I (and any other interested parties) can join in.

Thanks.
--
Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by what is above
him when he shows no mercy to what is under him? ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change
the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~Margaret Mead

Dermot M

Nov 9, 2011, 6:33:20 PM11/9/11
to Customers of re-e-power
I'll go along with whatever you guys decide. I did try to phone and
email Kevin with no success. I then filed a BBB complaint against re-e-
power, but they got no replies.

I have been sailing with my 2 Torqeedo outboards for the past year and
they are very reliable - and are more efficient than the pods. They
did cost me the Euro equivalent of another $6000.00, but I needed
propulsion that I could trust to work and not go on fire again.

Dermot.

On Nov 9, 8:02 pm, "E." <isleve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Feel free to get started with something on docs.google.com and I (and any
> other interested parties) can join in.
>
> Thanks.

Roger Dann

Nov 9, 2011, 6:01:01 PM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
all,
I have new still boxed pods that I will not install as they are pretty much useless. I had many problems with Re-e-power their pods and will be more than happy to add my name to a letter to Sailing Magazines.
Roger Dann,
Rodann Yachts
--
Roger Dann

IsleVegan

Nov 9, 2011, 8:15:02 PM11/9/11
to core...@googlegroups.com
My friend and I did very much the same thing as Dermot M.

The last certified letter we sent to re-e-power was returned to us unopened.

Please send me your gmail addresses so I can allow you viewing & editing on google docs.

Eric

islevegan att gmale dog comm

Send to the corrected form of the email address above.