How do I identify Coreplot version from src code?

kmugitani

Sep 5, 2017, 9:19:15 PM9/5/17
to coreplot-discuss
My app has coreplot at iOS. For integrating Coreplot, My app is using Cocoapod.
I would like to have Coreplot version(build number, git hash or anything else). Because if something wrong happened, I need to know where the bug is. And it is nice if Lib lisence info screen of my app has Coreplot build no.

 Is such thing possible from Coreplot src code for iOS other than getting git hash from github?

Regards,

Eric

Sep 6, 2017, 9:30:45 PM9/6/17
to coreplot-discuss
Core Plot doesn't have a "build number". There is the release number that you can pull from the pod file or info.plist in Pods/Target Support Files/CorePlot. If you're using something other than a release version, the git hash is your best bet for a unique identifier.

Eric

kmugitani

Sep 8, 2017, 1:46:07 AM9/8/17
to coreplot-discuss
When I checked my app's xcode files, I found (Pods)-(Target Support FIles). But there is no CorePlot. I found Pod-MyApp. Under Pod-MyApp,there are seven files. oone of them is Pod-MyApp-acknowledgement.plist.
That plist has Coreplot's copyright info which includes your name, but no version number.
 Even I searched all *.plist in MyApp project by using find command, there is only MyApp's info.plist file which does not have Coreplot version number.
 I am using Xcode9 beta6 and Cocoapods App 1.2.0. Am I missing something?
Thanks,

Eric

Sep 9, 2017, 5:16:29 PM9/9/17
to coreplot-discuss
The CorePlot folder should be there after you do a pod update. I'm using the latest version of CocoaPods (1.3.1).

Eric

kmugitani

Sep 12, 2017, 8:28:08 PM9/12/17
to coreplot-discuss
 My git version is something older. I updated. CLI version Cocoapod is 1.3.1.
As you suggested me, I did ' pod update'.

 Sub project 'Pod' has 4 directories, Frameworks,Pods,Products and Target Support Files. CorePlot directory exists under Pods. This CorePlot has src files(.m and .h) and Support Files directory.
  Support Files dir has 3 files, CorePlot.xconfig, CorePlot-dummy.m and CorePlot-prefix.pch.

Still I can not find out info.plist file. Regarding Podfile, I have a Podfile which is written by myself. With latest CorePlot release, there is no problem. So I didn't use version restriction for CorePlot.

 Still am I missing something?
 Anyway, I wish CorePlot would have version method like AdMob.
With AdMob,

 [GADRequest sdkVersion] can return AdMob SDK version string.

 It is far much better method than some description in Pod projects files,I think.
.