Can't use static IP, DHCP overrrides it

Maxtrix

Oct 25, 2016, 5:03:59 PM10/25/16
to CoreOS User
I'm trying to install core OS in a VM over Xenserver, in de cloud-config file I put the static IP I want:

 - name: 00-eth0.network
        runtime
: true
        content
: |

[Match]

Name=eth0

[Network]
        DNS
=192.168.1.6

Address=158.251.5.31/24

Gateway=158.251.5.1

But the Core OS is using the DHCP with another IP

What can I do?

david....@coreos.com

Oct 25, 2016, 5:20:48 PM10/25/16
to CoreOS User
Hi,

You can add "DHCP=no" under your "[Network]" section to be sure it is turned off, although I don't think that is necessary when assigning a static IP.  Are you sure your interface is named "eth0"?  Does that show up in the LINK column when you run "networkctl"?

Thanks.

David

Kyle Brown

Oct 25, 2016, 6:50:48 PM10/25/16