Setting up a Kubernetes cluster on baremetal with Fedora CoreOS (terraform)

Redmanh

Feb 4, 2020, 4:58:03 PM2/4/20
to CoreOS User
Hi guys,

With CoreOS reaching its end of life this May, I was wondering what would be the recommended way to do bare-metal provisioning with Fedora CoreOS using Terraform.

Our current setup uses matchbox with Terraform on CoreOS. Will this work on Fedora CoreOS or is there a better way to automate the process  (Tectonic maybe??)

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Azeem

Benjamin Gilbert

Feb 4, 2020, 5:17:05 PM2/4/20
to Redmanh, CoreOS User
On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 4:58 PM Redmanh <abdulazee...@gmail.com> wrote:
With CoreOS reaching its end of life this May, I was wondering what would be the recommended way to do bare-metal provisioning with Fedora CoreOS using Terraform.

Our current setup uses matchbox with Terraform on CoreOS. Will this work on Fedora CoreOS or is there a better way to automate the process  (Tectonic maybe??)

Hi Azeem,

I'd recommend asking Fedora CoreOS questions over on Fedora Discourse.  Folks there will be better positioned to help you.

I don't have a complete answer, but a couple notes: I don't think the Terraform provider has been completely ported to Ignition spec 3 as used in Fedora CoreOS.  Also, Tectonic is now end-of-life in favor of OpenShift.

--Benjamin Gilbert

Redmanh

Feb 4, 2020, 5:21:57 PM2/4/20
to CoreOS User