Re: Seeking help for debugging bootkube and matchbox

Benjamin Gilbert

Jun 16, 2020, 7:55:36 PM6/16/20
to Adam Szmajdziński, CoreOS User
On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 7:46 PM Adam Szmajdziński <adam.szm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not able to run etcd-member, kubelet and bootkube services on both controller and worker node. I don't know if it's an issue but machines don't have access to the internet, so etcd-member is unable to connect to https://quay.io/v2/.

etcd-member.service and the kubelet-wrapper each require access to Quay on first boot, to download the etcd and kubelet container images, so that's probably your issue.

Note that CoreOS Container Linux has reached its end of life and no longer receives updates.  We strongly recommend that you switch to a different operating system.

--Benjamin Gilbert

Adam Szmajdziński

Jun 17, 2020, 4:20:02 AM6/17/20
to CoreOS User
Thank you for pointing me out that CoreOS is no longer supported. I would like to set up bare metal Kubernetes environment with network booting. I'm also thinking about regular PXE server and configuring machines with Ansible. I will give Typhoon a try, but are there any other options?  What would you recommend to me?

One more also. This may sound silly, but how to configure simple case of static routing to access internet?
My network looks as follow:

Router (192.168.0.1) <--> (192.168.0.10) master node (172.26.1.10) <--> (172.26.1.100) node1

I added static route on router to 172.26.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.10. On node1 I added 192.168.0.0/24 via 172.26.1.10 with ip route. Master node have two interfaces in different networks and ipv4 forwarding on. Dnsmasq runs on 172.26.1.10 interface, I can check dns resolving with dig and it works correctly. I am able to ping both interfaces of master node, and that's all. I've done configuration like this many times, but with CoreOS it refuses to work.

Best
Adam