In general CoreOS is used for creating cluster . So which ports should be open by default in coreOS ?

Parag Gupta

Nov 1, 2019, 3:41:28 AM11/1/19
to CoreOS Dev
I am hardening the coreOS image using cis Linux independent checks. Can you tell me which ports should be opened by default? As per cis drop policy should be applied.

Parag Gupta

Nov 1, 2019, 3:52:58 AM11/1/19
to CoreOS Dev
as far as i know port 2379 and 2380 should be opened if etcd cluster is being used . am i right ?
Can i launch a cluster without etcd nodes ? i am askng this because if i can launch cluster without etcd how locksmith and fleet take care of updates and service management . They use etcd for same .

Rob Szumski

Nov 1, 2019, 9:24:17 AM11/1/19
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's correct. If you want to use etcd, those are the ports.