Windows Messaging Doc 18117

Yvonne

Jan 17, 2001, 12:12:04 PM1/17/01
I am running W98, I refer to workaround2 on Doc. 18117, My problem is I do
not have a Mapwin95 file in folder wkswpi8 or anywhere else, Why, am I the
only one. However installing mess 95 dosen't seem to be a problem. Can I
just restore W98 mapi32.dll afterwards? and how do I get rid of the Inbox
icon? Have tried solution on doc 202402 but regedit dosen't have a
reference to it under ......namespace as instructed.
I,m not sure if updateing Wmess 95 affects W98 Outlook express?
I have read other options eg run Wms.exe but I don't know what this does.
Would appreciate if you could help
Regards Yvonne

Xavier Basora

Jan 16, 2001, 6:03:24 PM1/16/01
Yvonne:
Not sure about the Win 98 mapi. Did your WP 8 come with the computer? What
version do you have? (look under help| about)
To get rid of the In box icon you need to get a copy of Tweak ui one of
the free powertoys from MS. Tweak ui is now at version 1,33 and is well worth
getting. You can find it at the MS site under free downloads. If you have
trouble winmag.com and zdnet.com has it as well.
Windows messaging shouldn't mess up Outlook. The only thing you should
avoid doing is making Outlook your default MAPI client for all Windows
applications. If you do, then the Wp 8 address book won't work
xavier

Yvonne wrote:

--
Modérateur des forums français de Corel:
(news://cnews.corel.com/corelsupport.international.francais et

Modérateur du forum du WP Universe pour les versions internationales
(http://www.wpwin.com/talk)
Contribuidor al sitio español de Wordperfect
(http://www.corelclub.org/wordperfect.htm)

Debra Earle

Jan 16, 2001, 11:43:22 PM1/16/01

The KB file is wrong. Sorry, I've tried & tried to get the 13 wrong
articles fixed!

The file you want for Win98 use is MAPNT40.DLL from the WP8 CD, which
should be renamed to MAPI32.DLL to replace the one in use on Win98.

That should avoid the need to install Messaging.

-- DE
C_Tech
http://www.intranet-works.com [Law Office/Small Bus. Consulting]
垂 Please reply to newsgroup for the benefit of all 遙