Merging Chapters

Sandy

Jan 23, 2002, 3:05:09 PM1/23/02
I am new to this news group AND to Ventura. I have a multiple chapter
file that uses a two-column layout. Through editing one column may
become blank and I am required to join the next chapter to avoid blank
columns. Is there an easier way other than copy/paste. I tried
dragging chapter files into the previous chapter and was unsuccessful.
File appeared to be there in Navigator but was unaccessible. Also,
copying an entire chapter does not seem to include tables which become
misplaced. As a previous Frame user Ventura is coming up a little
short! I guess it will take a little while!

Ola Pedersen

Jan 24, 2002, 12:17:02 PM1/24/02

Sandy wrote in message <2f594236.02012...@posting.google.com>...

Sandy, I wonder whether I got you right...
One solution that comes to my mind, is to join the two text files
(in word processor), and then let that one big text file (in the first
chapter)
take care of making the necessary pages automatically (in the first
chapter).
So instead of two, you would then have only one chapter.
I think that it is impossible to start a new chapter on the last page of
another
chapter in Ventura. A new chapter always starts from a new page (which,
of course, can be either right or left hand page).

BTW, you will get more (and probably better, too) answers in the current
Ventura news group. See server: cnews.corel.ca
and there group: corel.graphic_apps.ventura8

Best regards
Ola Pedersen
http://www.pienoismalli.com
Sisällöntuotantoyksikkö