How convert/export ".pub" to different file format

1 view

Markus Pauli

Nov 28, 2002, 7:45:49 AM11/28/02

I need to import data from a file "address.pub" which somebody just
sent to me. I was told by this person that there is no way to export
to a different format, which I don't really believe. I don't know the
program but maybe he misses some command in the ventura publisher
menu. Is there a way to export to a different format? (I can read xls,
xml, rtf, dbf, mdb, csv, dif etc.)

I don't know the ventura publisher software, and the other person is
not willing to support or discuss any further, so my only chance would
be to get the information somewhere else (like here :-) and then just
tell him: please go to menu "xy" chose command "export to..." Is there
such thing in ventura publisher?

I need the data to work with it in a database application, just print
(like pdf) would *not* be sufficient. Plain text would be ok.

Is ventura publihser a database programm or is there a database part
in it? I thought it was a dtp-software.

If no way to export, how can I import to a different programm?
Would Adobe illustrator or Wordperfect do this?

I tried quark, word, excel, and ms access, with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc