Love to use Corel 10, but I need Pub. Soft.. (Ventura 8 or FrameMaker? or InDesign)

Angel

Jun 27, 2002, 10:35:03 PM6/27/02

I checked out:
http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/softwarechoice/

And noticed that Ventura 8 had a little extra kick over QuarkXpress.

At work I have a copy of QuarkXpress 5.0 but never use. I use Corel 10 90%
of the time for layout
and most vectory design. I also use Photoshop for other stuff and also have
Illustrator on hand
but I preffer Corel.

I was searching for a more easier desktop program to have files ready for
press or printer. I usually
give them EPS, or TIFS at 300 ppi.

I was looking into Ventura because it's in the same family of Corel products
and thought it might
tie in with Corel 10. I also HERD OF 'FRAME" by Adobe but don't know much
about it see any
flash/demo screenshots of it. I have used inDesign in the past when quark
failed and was able
to print something in emergency. Liked it but not liked by many printers.

I have done CD-Roms, computer boxes and many other stuff in Corel. I have
multipage 15 or
so full color brochures, and packages to where it gets too busy while
browsing layers, and
locking stuff up and tweaking.

Sometimes when I get really into it I do lots of clipping into sections,
than do more clipping
within and when exported to AI or eps it's a nightmare for someone to edit.
heehehehe
Sometime good. they come back to you to edit and charge more.

I noticed that quark will not link to psd files but tiffs. that's bad
because that's and extra step for me
to convert to tif.

any suggestions... ventura 8, frame maker, inDesign or stick with quark... i
dislike quark .