Photo Capturing From Analog Camcorder With ATI Radeon 7500 All In One Wonder

Robert D. Mitchell

Apr 20, 2002, 4:45:27 PM4/20/02

I need advice to improve the quality of photos I am capturing from my
Camcorder, Sony Analog Camcoder, HandyCam TRV-65.

I am using the ATI Multimedia TV software package that came with the video
adapter "All In One Wonder Radeon 7500" Card to capture the pictures.

My Operating System is Windows XP.

The captured photos are saved in BMP format as a default. The ATI TV
software capture is configured to capture at 640X480.

I am trying to print these pictures in a 8" X 10.66" but the quality is not
good enough.

I would appreciate any advice on how to improve the quality of the capture
of the photos

Here is the link to a sample photo as an example.

http://members.rogers.com/rdmitchell/gi.bmp

Thanks.

MY SITE: http://members.home.net/rdmitchell
Robert D. Mitchell
Ottawa, ON

greg...@hotmail.com

Apr 20, 2002, 10:39:01 PM4/20/02
The largest still picture you can get with the ATI software is 720 X
480.

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:45:27 GMT, "Robert D. Mitchell"
<rdmit...@rogers.com> wroth:

Jes

Apr 21, 2002, 2:56:46 PM4/21/02
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:45:27 GMT, "Robert D. Mitchell"
<rdmit...@rogers.com> wrote:

All in one capture cards along with all PCI cards do crap still shots.
Get a Dazzle USB for snap shots and use your ATI for video captures.

I have WinXP.
I use Beta Drivers to get my Asus V7700 to work with WinXP as
Asus don't support GeForce 3 and lower drivers for WinXP.

Anyway I can do great video captures but stil captures are a joke.
Get a Dazzle usb for screen captures as these devices go up to
1600x1200 for still captures. Dazzle usb products are useless for
video capture but do great still captures.