Where is everyone?

LK

Nov 27, 2001, 1:35:46 PM11/27/01
I am wondering why I have subscribed to about 20 Corel newsgroups, and no
one posts to them, and when they do it usually has nothing to do with Corel.
Are we all so good we have no questions? Or did these groups die like so
many others have, from spam and bickering between members? Anyone know what
the deal is?

Terry

Nov 27, 2001, 6:13:48 PM11/27/01
Evidently they're all pro's cause I've tried a few times to get a conversation
going with no results. You would think with programs this complicated these
ng's would be busier but alas, no.

Steve Davis

Nov 28, 2001, 6:16:29 AM11/28/01
Hi, Good question(s)!
I've only just found the answer, which is to go to corel.com, click on
support, and you will find loads of newsgroups for all manner of corel
goodies. See you there. Enjoy!
"LK" <delt...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

LK

Nov 28, 2001, 3:32:33 PM11/28/01
Yes, that's what I have been told too. The only thing is, I am using Corel
8 and there are no newsgroups pertaining to that version over at Corel.
Anybody else out there as old and outdated as I am? :) Let's talk....

"Steve Davis" <Stev...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

AndysPhotography

Nov 29, 2001, 9:59:51 AM11/29/01
> The only thing is, I am using Corel
>8

Me too. Is it worth it to upgrade to 9.0?

Terry

Nov 30, 2001, 8:53:44 PM11/30/01

AndysPhotography wrote:

Evidently,yes,if you want an active ng. Cause I've tried
kicking this one in gear a few times with no luck.

LK

Dec 3, 2001, 11:11:49 AM12/3/01
Well, there's at least 4 of us here. That should be enough for a
start......:)

"LK" <delt...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Terry

Dec 3, 2001, 6:45:13 PM12/3/01
So what do we do now?

LK

Dec 4, 2001, 3:40:54 PM12/4/01
lol - got a question, ask it....Maybe someone can help....

"Terry" <red...@excite.com> wrote in message

Terry

Dec 4, 2001, 9:19:27 PM12/4/01
OK. I'll bite.
What's a good way to cut down the memory requirements in PhotoPaint??

Ola Pedersen

Jan 22, 2002, 11:56:01 AM1/22/02

Terry wrote in message <3C0D3E21...@excite.com>...

> OK. I'll bite.
>What's a good way to cut down the memory requirements in PhotoPaint??

Scan smaller photos at lower resolution?:-))

Just see that you have enough memory.

I have 256 MB in NT4 and have no problems
doing full-res A4 colorphotos with PP8.

Ola Pedersen
http://www.pienoismalli.com

Terry

Jan 22, 2002, 4:54:17 PM1/22/02
Good idea
And it only took ,what?, three months to get a reply.
Thanks by the way

Ola Pedersen

Jan 24, 2002, 12:02:23 PM1/24/02

Terry wrote in message <3C4DE02F...@earthlink.net>...

> Good idea
>And it only took ,what?, three months to get a reply.
>Thanks by the way

Actually it took less than 2 months:-))
It seems that these NG's for older versions of software
are not among the most active. I suppose most PP users
are in the newer version groups. But surely that can't be
a good reason "upgrading"?

Also many PP8 problems are solved in the Ventura 8 NG,
because PP8 is a "utility" supplied with VP8.

Ola