DataPostRecord triggers DataArriveRecord #2

1 view

So'n'So

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

I originally submitted the question at the bottom. I investigated further
and I thought I could add a qualifier:

if eventInfo.Reason=UserMove then
; go ahead and move to the memo field and block entry into the other fields
because a check has been cut
else
endif

This didn't work. Does the DataPostRecord action occur first and then
DataArriveRecord, or is it the opposite?

>>Is there anyway to avoid DataPostRecord triggering the DataArriveRecord
for
the record being posted? I have some code that checks for DataArriveRecord
to see if it's OK to edit particular fields. Specifically, I check to see
if an invoice has been fully paid in order to allow editing of the record
or only allow entrance to the comment field. However, when I input the
check # and amount and post the record, I trigger off the DataArriveRecord
code which tells me "Check has already been cut". How can I avoid this?<<

So'n'So

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

More voyages of self-discovery. My code was in the record object of a
1-record MRO. I moved the code (that was in the action method) up to the
MRO and everything works as desired.