More FMTMEMO probs

RCarmichel

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Hi All:

I posted a previous problem about untranslatable chars in a FMTMEMO field.

Now, I realized that I can store the untranslatable data (P8 replaces w/ a
special char), but I'm trying to turn off the error message. Users don't need
to see the message.

Any ideas (Corel engineers, where are you??!!)

Help. please. Any ideas welcome.

TIA

Russ Carmichael
RCarm...@aol.com

Michael Juul Hansen

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98
to RCarmichel

You should be able to use this

method action(var eventInfo ActionEvent)

if eventInfo.isPreFilter() then ; This code executes for each object on the form.

if eventInfo.id() = DataPostRecord or EventInfo.id() = DataUnlockRecord then

doDefault
if eventInfo.errorCode() <> peOk then
switch
case eventInfo.errorCode() = peUntranslatableCharacters :
errorClear() ;message("Character error")
otherWise :
msgStop("Error: " + string(errorCode()), errorMessage())
endSwitch
endIf
endif

else