Invalid Chars in FMTMEMO

RCarmichel

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

I've got a field that's a formatted memo, which I use to store OCR data.

Problem - Naturally, the OCR software can't read/OCR all the original text
properly, and some goofy characters get placed into the field.

P8 informs me that there are invalid characters in the field, and won't store
the memo in the db. The user can, of course, remove the characters manually,
but can anyone supply any ideas/OPAL to remove the characters automatically?
Please post here and send a private E-Mail, as my access here is spotty.

TIA.

Russ Carmichael
RCarm...@aol.com

Stefan Bodingh

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98
to RCarmichel

You could do something like this:
method changeValue(var eventInfo ValueEvent)
if eventInfo.isPreFilter() then
;// This code executes for each object on the form
doDefault
; check the event to see if it has an error
if eventInfo.errorCode() <> 0 then
switch
case errorCode() = peUntranslatableCharacters :
active.action(DataCancelRecord)
otherwise: errorShow()
endSwitch
endif
else
;// This code executes only for the form

endIf

endMethod

: Stefan Bodingh - Paradox and Delphi Consulting
: Located in Haninge Sweden
: Tel +46 8 745 46 10 (mailto:stefan....@swipnet.se)

RCarmichel

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Stefan:

Thanks, but I need to remove the untranslatable characters and store the
remaining data. Any more ideas?

Russ Carmichael
RCarm...@aol.com

>You could do something like this:<BR>
>method changeValue(var eventInfo ValueEvent)<BR>
> if eventInfo.isPreFilter() then<BR>
> ;// This code executes for each object on the form<BR>
> doDefault<BR>
> ; check the event to see if it has an error<BR>
> if eventInfo.errorCode() <> 0 then<BR>
> switch<BR>
> case errorCode() = peUntranslatableCharacters :<BR>
> active.action(DataCancelRecord)
<BR>