Viewing SQL Editor through OPal

Scott Miller

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Is there a way to open and wait on the SQL editor through object pal. I
can understand if we cannot do a wait since it is a build in dialog, but I
would like to be able to create a new sql editor session, run the query,
save it, etc, then open it again through my mini-app...

--
Scott Miller
Three Rivers Systems, Inc.

Megabyte

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98
I've attempted to do the same thing, and the best I could do was launch
notepad with my SQL file. Once in notepad, I could modify and save. My app
would then run the query.

Alan

vcard.vcf

Scott Miller

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Well, ok, I mean I can control a form with a memo field in it. I guess that
will work. I think I'll ask for this functionality as a new enhancement for
Px9.

Thanks for the response...

Scott

Megabyte <al...@corel.ca> wrote in article <352529A4...@corel.ca>...

Mike Irwin

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Scott,

for a long time now people have devised "QBE by Form", where they offer the
user all the fields and he or she can type in or select with drop-lists and
when the user clicks on "DO_IT" the ObjectPAL behind the scenes creates the
textual QBE. Is there any reason why you shouldn't do this with SQL ?

Mike

Stefan Bodingh

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98
to Scott Miller

Please take a look at my homepage and see if the "BuildSQL" tool will
help you.

Scott Miller wrote:

> Is there a way to open and wait on the SQL editor through object pal. I
> can understand if we cannot do a wait since it is a build in dialog, but I
> would like to be able to create a new sql editor session, run the query,
> save it, etc, then open it again through my mini-app...
>
> --
> Scott Miller
> Three Rivers Systems, Inc.

: Stefan Bodingh - Paradox and Delphi Consulting
: Located in Haninge Sweden
: Tel +46 8 745 46 10 (mailto:stefan....@swipnet.se)