PDOX8 Method to switch indexes

D.Peterson

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

I have been trying to setup pushbuton methods to switch between different
indexes. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated.

so...@spamlesssoleassociates.com

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

»
»Any help would be appreciated.

»
»
»
This is from the help file... Does it give you what you need?

The following example assumes that Customer is a keyed Corel
Paradox table that has a secondary index named NameAndState. This
example attaches to a table frame bound to Customer, and calls
switchIndex to switch from the primary index to the NameAndState

//; thisButton::pushButton
method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
var
tblObj UIObject
endvar

tblObj.attach(CUSTOMER) ; attach to Customer
tblObj.switchindex("NameAndState") ; switch to index
NameAndState
tblObj.home() ; make sure we're on the
first record
msgInfo("First Record", tblObj."Name") ; display value in Name
field
//; quotes around "Name" distinguish field name from property
name
endMethod
--
-Kenneth

If you email please remove the "SPAMLESS."