Purple report display

Craig Wilson

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

Thanks to all who replied re: my troubles with the CHANGETO command. I
have been successful in this one area.

Can anyone shed light on why some of my old reports are turning up purple
in version 8? I have checked and rechecked style sheets, properties,
developer preferences for reports/forms (printer and screen), but have not
solved this riddle. Is this purple colour trying to tell me something?
The user guide is of little help for people like me who are upgrading. Can
anyone recommend a GOOD book?

I had a hard time persuading my municipality to fund this upgrade to
version 8 and I now wonder if it was a mistake as it has caused a lot of
headaches and frustration. From my quick read of the newsgroups it is
obvious that I am not alone in this feeling. What's up Corel?

Craig Wilson,
Town of Whitby

Mike Irwin

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

"Purple" !!!!!!!! wow !! did you just get elevated to play for Ottawa Senators
<gg> ?

Seriously, tho', this definitely should _not_ happen ! I'd love to see it,
though, (not just for the aesthetic appeal !) so could you possibly send me a
copy of one of these reports, together with the table(s) and other associated
files needed to see it in colour. Don't forget to note the aliases too ! Just
zip the lot up and send it, please !

In the meantime, some questions:
a. you have report #1 on machine #1 that appears in purple. Does report #1
appear in colour on machine #2 ? Or #3 .... ?
What (if any) conclusions can be draw ?

b. I assume that you mean that the background "paper colour" is purple on the
screen. Are you working with a colour
printer (whereas other people who don't get this aren't). Did you have a
colour printer at the time that the report was
originally created ?

c. Are there any other colours that have appeared ?

d. What happens when you print a purple report ? Does it come out with a black
background (on a b/w laser printer) ?

Mike

So'n'So

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

I have had a similar problem in V7 where my screen background is Forest
Green. The report prints to the printer fine (white background) but I
think it has something to do with a resource leak.

Mike Irwin

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

As I said to Craig, I'd ove to see one of these !

Mike

So'n'So

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

The problem is that it doesn't seem to be definitively reproduceable. It
is somewhat random; I can live with it. What I can no longer live with is
getting the BIG GPV when I set a breakpoint in a form. I can no longer
develop at all since the debugger is entirely non-functional and crash Pdox
everytime I use it!!

Stefan Bodingh

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98
to So'n'So

I agree that it is a pain, being unable to set breakpoints.
You have to use trace instead.

: Stefan Bodingh - Paradox and Delphi Consulting
: Located in Haninge Sweden
: Tel +46 8 745 46 10 (mailto:stefan....@swipnet.se)

Mike Irwin

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

What's strange about your form ? What OS are you running it under ? What
Paradox/OS was it created under ? I don't get any GPFs from debugging at all.

Mike

--
Mike Irwin
[Volunteer CTech Sysop, not a Corel employee