DB2 Object Name Bug in Paradox

Michael Lueck

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

I found that Paradox is treating DB2 object names much like names for
other SQL databases - it is sending "" quotes around the name of the
object. This is not valid syntax for use with any version of DB2.

I have opened a defect report w/ IBM that their client code should strip
off the quotes. This is an error in both Paradox 7 and 8 - and using
both SQL Links and IBM's ODBC driver for DB2.

Corel - please see if you can provide a setting within the Alias
configuration which would include a setting to turn on/off the addition
of quotes around the object names.
* Michael Lueck BESTeam - Premier Level *
* Owner Lotus Business Partner *
* Lueck Data Systems IBM PC VAR *
* IBM NETeam *
* Corel Solution Partners - Premier Level *
* Certified OS/2 Engineer for OS/2 Warp 4 *
* Certified OS/2 Engineer for OS/2 Warp *
* Certified VisualAge C++ Object-Oriented Associate Developer *
* http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/ *
* mlu...@PROBLEMS.lueckdatasystems.com *
* Remove PROBLEMS from my address to send me e-mail *
* Jesus removed my PROBLEMS - did you let him nuke yours? *