The Slowing Of Time

1 view

Rick Moen

Feb 28, 2003, 1:45:21 PM2/28/03
to corel.linux.corellinux

Leon A. Goldstein <meta...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> WP9 is the version that came with Corel Office2K for Linux. It also
> included CLOS. From what I've gathered, Office2K ran when CLOS was
> the underlying OS, but with other OS's it was more problematic.
>
> I have been able to run Quattro Pro 9/win under WINE, but not WP9/win.
> For the time being, Win4Lin or VMWare are the only solutions to
> running WP9 in Linux.

The solution to this mystery is that Corel's WINE is not stock: They
pretty much forked it, and the resulting codebase, usually dubbed
Corelwine, is still maintained, after a fashion, by Michael Torrie, at
http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/, with other possibly useful pages
at http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/corel-wp9.txt and
http://members.chello.at/hrdisk/corelwine.html.

Covered at: http://linuxmafia.com/wpfaq/wp9.html#WP9MAINTAIN

There are actually quite a few forks of WINE. Most of them are listed
in http://linuxmafia.com/wpfaq/future.html#ALTERNATIVESWIN32 .

--
Cheers, Founding member of the Hyphenation Society, a grassroots-based,
Rick Moen not-for-profit, locally-owned-and-operated, cooperatively-managed,