[newbie] Smoothing pens

1 view

fran...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2007, 10:25:18 AM8/20/07
Hi everybody,

I'm new to Painter and I draw in my spare time as a hobby. I use
Painter's pen brushes to draw my little b/w comics, but the problem is
that I find them too strong and pixelated. (You can find examples on
the last 2 posts on www.pacoebianca.it). I don't like to go into post-
production adjustments, I'd like to have my scribbles coming out
directly from my hands.

So all I need is some hints on how to improve the brush in such way
that it resembles a real pen as much as possible (real pens do not
show pixels! :). I'm a newbie but I'm quite surprised that I did not
find such a brush coming with Painter: is there a reason for that?

Any help and hint appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

Francesco.

bende...@googlemail.com

Aug 21, 2007, 7:47:39 PM8/21/07
Hi Francesco.
I am also new to Painter but the first thought I have about your
pixels is to ask if the resolution of the "paper" is set high enough?
I don't think its a problem with the brush size or shape. You should
be able to see any pixelation when you start work by using the zoom
tool to enlarge the part of the painting you've just made.
There seems to be a lot to learn but I think its worth the effort.
Steve.

On Aug 20, 3:25 pm, franap...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new to Painter and I draw in my spare time as a hobby. I use
> Painter's pen brushes to draw my little b/w comics, but the problem is
> that I find them too strong and pixelated. (You can find examples on

> the last 2 posts onwww.pacoebianca.it). I don't like to go into post-

fran...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2007, 6:54:17 AM8/25/07
On 22 Ago, 01:47, "benderl...@googlemail.com"

<benderl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Francesco.
> I am also new to Painter but the first thought I have about your
> pixels is to ask if the resolution of the "paper" is set high enough?
> I don't think its a problem with the brush size or shape. You should
> be able to see any pixelation when you start work by using the zoom
> tool to enlarge the part of the painting you've just made.
> There seems to be a lot to learn but I think its worth the effort.
> Steve.

Thank you for your hint, I'll check the dpi.

Bye,
Francesco.

bende...@googlemail.com

Aug 26, 2007, 7:31:51 PM8/26/07
Let us know how you get on! Good luck, Steve.