SAVE THE DATE! Christie Pits Residents Association (CPRA) Community Meeting - Wed, Oct 17 @ 7PM

Cristina Juarez Nilsson

Oct 9, 2012, 12:41:32 PM10/9/12
to cora-t...@googlegroups.com
After a long summer break, we invite you to the the first of the season...

Christie Pits Residents Association (CPRA) Community Meeting
Wed, October 17, 2012 |
7PM-8:30PM
Bob Abate Community Centre, Craft Room (485 Montrose)

Over the summer, we have had the opportunity to meet with neighbours one on one to hear what is on your mind. We continue to hear what makes this community and neighbourhood great and are thankful for wonderful community leadership on display continously. If only we could keep up with sharing all the good initiatives!

With safety issues still prevalent and in the media as recently as this weekend in The Star (link below) we want to ensure we table this item among other topics.  Last month, Mike Layton's Office partnered with METRAC, a community-based, not-for-profit organization based in Toronto that works to prevent and eliminate violence against diverse women and youth, to conduct a Community Safety Audit of the Christie Pits neighbourhood. This was in response to recent sexual assaults. Recommendations from METRAC are expected this week.

To start, our Councillor's office has sent a request to Toronto Hydro to replace bulbs in 18 light standards that were out when we did the walk through the neighbourhood. They have also placed a request with the City of Toronto Forestry department to trim 9 trees in the neighbourhood which are blocking light from 9 light standards. Community ideas are still welcome...

If you have never attended a CPRA meeting with us before, we invite you to drop by and come meet with us as we plan the 2012/2013 year ahead.  Or drop us a line via email or our new Facebook page anytime http://www.facebook.com/christiepits.  All are welcome to this meeting. Full agenda to follow.

Best regards,
Cristina & Majella (Co-Chairs)

CPRA - Christie Pits Residents' Association - a community organization open to all residents and local businesses in our neighbourhood, aiming to build community, encourage civic engagement and maintain and improve the quality of life for all residents.

Connect with us! http://www.facebook.com/christiepits | www.christiepits.ca