CPRA SHARES COMMUNITY ALERT: Letter sent to parents of Essex/Hawthorne students today...please read

Cristina Juarez Nilsson

Apr 17, 2013, 3:53:45 PM4/17/13
to cora-t...@googlegroups.com
FYI,

From: Monica Gupta <mong...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Letter sent to parents of Essex/Hawthorne students today...please read
To: "fcpp google group" <friendsch...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 3:27 PM

sharonjanes posted: "  Parents/Guardians Please talk to you children about street safety.  Today 3 students from Essex/Hawthorne was approached by a man demanding their cell phones and money near Christie Station.  Below is a letter sent home to all students at Ess"

New post on Palmerston Parent Link

Palmerston Blog –

by sharonjanes

Parents/Guardians

Please talk to you children about street safety.  Today 3 students from Essex/Hawthorne was approached by a man demanding their cell phones and money near Christie Station.  Below is a letter sent home to all students at Essex and Hawthorne by the Principal and following this is a description of the man.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 Dear Parents/Guardians:

 Earlier today during the lunch period, three students were approached by a young male demanding that they hand over cell phones and money.  The incident did not happen at school. The victims complied, and the suspect fled in an unknown direction.  No injuries were sustained by the victims.  Toronto Police were called and are now investigating.

 As you know, we are fortunate to have a number of safety initiatives, programs, and policies that contribute to a safe and caring school. However, most incidents happen away from school.  I want to emphasize to all our students, staff, and parents the importance of  taking extra care in even the most ordinary and everyday routines, no matter where you are.

 I know that you too will want to help ensure our community is as safe as possible. On the reverse of this letter, please find street-proofing tips that you may find helpful when discussing safety with your child.

 As always, the safety of our students is a priority and we urge you to once again, reinforce with your children common street-proofing and safety procedures.

 Thank you for your ongoing support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.

 Sincerely,

Marc Green,

Principal

Essex and Hawthorne Public Schools