Fw: Olympic Bike Giveaway...need entries from kids 2-9 year olds

Cristina Juarez Nilsson

Oct 15, 2012, 9:50:32 PM10/15/12
to cora-t...@googlegroups.com

--- On Mon, 10/15/12, Monica Gupta <mong...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Monica Gupta <mong...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Olympic Bike Giveaway...need entries from kids 2-9 year olds
To: "FCPP Google Group" <friendsch...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, October 15, 2012, 8:54 PM

They need entries from boys and girls ages 2-9 year old, please share.

Olympian Bike Giveaway

Posted on: October 3rd, 2012

Wednesday October 17, 5 Olympians are giving away 50 free bicycles!

Enter the contest by Friday October 12 to win one of the bikes (details below).  You do not have to enter the contest to attend the event on October 17.  All are welcome to attend and/or to enter the contest.

In attendance on October 17 will be:

  • Adam van Koeverden – four-time Olympic medalist in Kayaking and Ward 19, Trinity-Spadina  resident!
  • Kurt Browning – four-time World Champion Figure Skater
  • Kara Lang – Olympian and Women’s World Cup player for Soccer
  • Brian Stemmle – four-time Olympian in Downhill and Super-G skiing
  • Mark Oldershaw – Olympic Medalist in Canoeing

Enter the contest to win a bike!

Deadline: Friday October 12, 5pm

I am helping the Olympians choose contest winners see the rules below.

Contest rules:

  • Write a story or draw a picture that tells me how much you love cycling and why it is important to our City.
  • Please include your age and whether you would prefer a men’s/boys’ bike or women’s/girls’ bike
  • Also include your address and phone number
  • All ages are welcome to enter, we have bikes of all sizes!

Enter by filling in the form below.

Or you can enter by emailing councill...@toronto.ca or sending me something directly to my office:

Office of Councillor Mike Layton
Suite C47, Second Floor
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2N2

Call (416) 392-4009 if you have any questions.

Winners will be announced on Wednesday October 17, 4:00pm at 177 Pendrith Street (map) where the Olympians will be giving away 50 bicycles! Note that these are used refurbished bikes.

Download and share the flyer for the event by clicking here [pdf].

We have had hundreds enter the bike contest but there are some gaps in age groups for the bikes the Olympians have to give away.

Any chance you can share the message that we have the following that still need entrants and by end of day tomorrow?
  • Girls 10" bike (age 2-3)
  • Boys 12" (3 still left, 3-5 year olds)
  • Girls 12" (2 left, 3-5 year olds)
  • Girls 14" (4-6 year olds)
  • Boyrs 20" (7-9 year olds)