Separate folders for config and data

Melvin Nava

Nov 2, 2020, 10:27:37 PM11/2/20
to CopyQ
Hello friends,

Is there a way to have the config files and the clipboard data files in separate folders?

Currently everything sits in the "config" folder..

Lukáš Holeček

Nov 3, 2020, 12:01:40 PM11/3/20
to Melvin Nava, CopyQ
Nope, currently, data and configuration are in the save folder.

Lukas

Melvin Nava

Nov 3, 2020, 2:39:53 PM11/3/20
to CopyQ
Please consider this feature..

It would be useful to have the configuration in the cloud, shared among different devices..
And at the same time keep the clipboard data files locally on each computer.

Best regards!

Lukáš Holeček

Nov 3, 2020, 3:14:57 PM11/3/20
to Melvin Nava, CopyQ
Accessing the data files concurrently from multiple apps it can cause data corruption. Even though CopyQ is trying to avoid that (a lock file in the folder and safer save operation), I think in some rare cases it can happen.

Current solution to share the data is to synchronize the items as files to a shared folder: https://copyq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/synchronize.html

Lukas

Melvin Nava

Nov 3, 2020, 7:00:23 PM11/3/20
to CopyQ
I understand what you mean, but what I propose is somewhat the opposite.. To be able to move the clipboard data files out of the config folder but leave the config files intact, so this way each computer will have different data. I actually use the sync feature but it doesn't seem to work with configuration files.

Anyway, thank you for such fine utility..

Best regards..