Hotkeys for Pinned Clips?

Christopher Cuppett

Aug 4, 2021, 12:41:13 PM8/4/21
to CopyQ

Hello, I'm new to CopyQ and it appears to be a full-featured clipboard manager, but there is something that I cannot seem to figure out yet.  In Windows I have been using OuterTech's Clipboard History, which allows you to "sticky" frequently used clips, much like CopyQ allows you to pin them.  But with Clipboard History it is very easy to choose a stickied clip with a hotkey.  So I type Alt+F8 (my custom keyboard hotkey I configured) to pull up the clipboard menu, and then 'a' pastes the first sticky, 'b' pastes the second sticky, etc.  Likewise the '0' through '9' keys allow you to paste the first 10 non-stickied clips in the menu.  This makes choosing a saved clip a very fast three-key process.

On my Linux VM (Fedora LXQt Spin) I have already configured Alt+F8 to bring up the CopyQ menu, and I have already added my "stickies" as pinned clips to the menu.  But I can't seem to find a way to assign hotkeys to paste them quickly.  I see my pinned clips labeled 0-x, with non-pinned clips numbered directly after my pinned ones.  But if I want to paste the 5th clip in the list, what must I now press?  Pressing '5' simply performs a search, and my pinned clip happens to be the first in the list, but then I must select it (if it is not already selected) and hit <Enter>.  Is there a way to make '5' simply paste the 5th pinned clip?

Lukáš Holeček

Aug 16, 2021, 2:46:12 AM8/16/21
to Christopher Cuppett, CopyQ
Hi,

By default, pressing a number key from menu (but not from main window) copies/pastes the item on the given row.

If this does not work, you may need to disable "Search for numbers" option in History tab in Preferences dialog.

Lukas

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 6:41 PM Christopher Cuppett <ch...@cuppett.org> wrote:

[...]

Christopher Cuppett

Aug 16, 2021, 1:43:03 PM8/16/21
to CopyQ
Hello Lukáš,

I accidentally replied in Gmail; please disregard that email.  Let me paste what I wrote below for the benefit of the group.

This is excellent, thank you!  My mistake was to assign Alt+F8 shortcut to the "Show/hide main window" instead of to the "Show the tray menu".  Once I corrected that the behavior works as expected.

Perhaps as a feature request the development team could consider assigning letter (e.g. a, b, c, etc.) shortcuts to the non-pinned items?  It would be fantastic if the user can quickly paste any item in the menu with a single keypress.

Thanks again,
Chris