Oregon Daily Emerald moving to WordPress

Ivar Vong

Apr 12, 2011, 12:43:28 AM4/12/11
to cop...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I've been lurking in the background for a long time as I've been
working to move the Oregon Daily Emerald, the student paper at the
University of Oregon, away from CP5. After about a year and a half of
work, it's happening for real. Institutional momentum, as many of you
surely know, is a significant part of any decision like this, but here
we are, ready to rock and roll. We're staying with College Media
Network and paying for the "Managed WordPress" option.

In the next couple days we're going to launch a site documenting the
process. We're going to build an internal resource for the newsroom
that's published externally for current and future organizations. Not
that we're experts -- I just want to build a library (especially of
narrated screencasts) that will hopefully be useful for our staff and
hope it'll help other people.

Best,
Ivar Vong
Multimedia editor
Oregon Daily Emerald

Matt Dulin

Apr 12, 2011, 12:46:54 AM4/12/11
to cop...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Congratulations and good luck!

Sounds like it will be a great resource when it comes into being. Please keep us posted!

Matt Dulin
Production Manager
Student Publications
University of Houston