We're looking for a junior web developer to join our newsroom team at The Denver Post, and I wanted to tap into this list to see whether anyone might be interested. You'll be joining senior web developer Joe Murphy (@joemurph on Twitter
) and another, yet-to-be-named senior web developer. We're looking for folks who are excited both about fulfilling the local mission of a large-size regional daily news organization and doing innovative work with presenting structured data on the web.
Here's the description:
The Jr. Web Software Developer will provide support to the interactive team with all aspects of building and maintaining digital products. Essential Functions:
Physical Working Conditions:
- Support senior staff with website + web application design and development, maintaining websites, and input and verification of data to ensure product delivery.
- Participate in meetings and carry out research as it pertains to projects.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Standing 5%, walking 10%, sitting 85% of shift.
- Use computer to design and develop digital products approximately 85% of the shift
- Possess basic knowledge of web development methodologies.
- Fundamental skills in OOP -- Python or PHP skills are a plus.
- Experience with a DBMS.
- Command of grammar and spelling.
- A passion for local news, structured data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to listen to others and accept input from team members.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- 4 year degree or certificate from art or technology institute desired, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of a version control system.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me here or Diane Exline, director of technology systems and solutions, at dex...@denverpost.com
. Feel free to pass along to anyone who you feel might be interested or qualified.
Social Media Editor
The Denver Postdenverpost.com303-954-1081dpe...@denverpost.com