March talks night at Karnov

Stephen Best

Mar 5, 2018, 11:31:35 AM3/5/18
to Copenhagen Ruby Brigade

Hi folks. Next meet up announcement!

Talks Night at Karnov - Wednesday, March 14, 2018

This month we have a small but perfectly formed string of talks for you, interpolated with food, drinks and friendly conversation.

Talks:

Bitwise Operators & Bitmasks

A quick introduction and practical examples of what they are and problems you can solve with them - Chris McKenzie

What I learned from building a twitter Art Bot

Rijksbot, is a twitter bot built with Ruby that responds with images from the Rijsmuseums museums’ API. This talk covers some of the highs and lows of building it. - Nynne Christoffersen

There is still one slot left if you would like to talk, please get in touch.

We now operate under the Berlin Code of Conduct http://berlincodeofconduct.org

https://www.meetup.com/Copenhagen-Ruby-Brigade/events/248339385/?_cookie-check=wzGF9sUiiM2ooyaS

Sign up as usual on meetup.com https://www.meetup.com/Copenhagen-Ruby-Brigade/events/248339385/?_cookie-check=wzGF9sUiiM2ooyaS

Stephen Best

Mar 6, 2018, 11:33:39 AM3/6/18
to Copenhagen Ruby Brigade
Good new everyone! We’re excited to announce two more talks have been added to our line-up

Professionalism in Tech
What does it mean to be a good engineer? What skills should you have and how should you approach your work to help your team and company succeed? Yuriy will be speaking about aspects of software engineering beyond coding or software design, that are very easy to forget but are as, or even more important than any technical aspects.
- Yuriy Kurylenko

I’ve seen older bugs — a recovering paleontologists misadventures in metaprogramming
Some of the stumbling blocks I have come across trying to build a convenient tool to work with an awkward data format using the SQLite, the sequel gem, and metaprogramming
- Martin Stein (Natural History Museum of Denmark)