[JOBS] Senior developer at Karnov Group

Stephen Best

Sep 13, 2017, 3:54:39 AM9/13/17
to Copenhagen Ruby Brigade
Hey folks

I'm looking for a senior level developer to work with me and our new platform team at Karnov Group.

We have a great office and atmosphere, very decent compensation package and some interesting problems to solve.

I'll be at the Ruby Brigade meetup tonight if you'd like to talk in person. I'm new to Denmark so please come say hello regardless.

Details below, get in touch with me directly if you're interested - stephe...@karnovgroup.com

Karnov Group is the leading provider of legal and tax & accounting information services in Denmark and Sweden. We have over 40,000 lawyers, legal professionals and accountants in both the public and private sector who depend on our services to get their work done.

We have a dedicated in-house development team that numbers around 30. Our applications are mainly written using Ruby on Rails, but we use and are open to many different technologies including Python, React, Solr, Neo4j and Docker. Projects at Karnov Group are undertaken by small agile teams of five or fewer and there’s a healthy mix of new greenfield work, as well as improvement of our legacy applications. Tools we use include Github, Slack and Pivotal Tracker.

You will be joining our "platform team" developing new APIs, breaking up our bigger applications and helping re-architect our systems for the future. Your work will improve the productivity of your co-workers and the reliability of our products.

To work with us you should be
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- An expert programmer in either object-oriented or functional programming
- A practitioner of Test Driven Development
- A competent pair programmer who can share knowledge effectively
- Pragmatic with awareness of your customers’ needs and the problem you’re solving for them
- Enthusiastic about APIs and high-level system design

The company offers
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Performance based bonus
- Attractive pension plan
- 5 weeks holiday and 5 extra days off
- Health insurance (children included)
- Daily on-site catering

Here at Karnov we pride ourselves on our friendly, inclusive and supportive environment where we inspire one another to do our best work. We consider ourselves to be open and direct, knowledge sharing and discussion is highly valued and encouraged.