October Ruby Hack Night - Protosprint/Dev workshop with James Abbott

Ignacio Huerta

Oct 5, 2017, 5:23:24 AM10/5/17
to copenhagen-ru...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

In our October Ruby Hack Night, James Abbott will be directing a workshop/hackathon:

https://www.meetup.com/Copenhagen-Ruby-Brigade/events/238434418/

PROTOSPRINT/DEV is a product development workshop/hackathon for developers. We will be building a "proof-of-concept" app for a fictional business case using a combination of design thinking and Lean development.

This workshop is for you if you want to:

* Validate ideas for your own products and build proof-of-concept systems quickly and confidently

* Improve your skills in information system design — when working with clients or developing your side projects.

We will be using the following powerful methodologies for developing IT systems:

* Tracer Bullet Development (full-stack prototyping)

* Insight combination (creating a pattern library of problems & solutions)

* A workflow where domain modeling and UI design happens in parallel.

Price

Free for the Ruby community :-)

Program

17:00 — Start (arrivals, networking, ordering pizza)

17:30 — Some theory

18:00 — Inputs

18:30 — Break (pizzas arrive)

18:45 — Inputs (continued)

19:00 — Outputs

19:45 — Round-off

20:00 — End

So both hands-on sections (inputs and outputs) will go on for ca. 45 minutes.

About

James Abbott: I originally developed PROTOSPRINT for myself (when working on side projects) and my clients (when doing consulting). However, as I strongly feel that more developers should become creators, I am happy to facilitate PROTOSPRINT/DEV — which is a part of the bigger PROTOSPRINT course but targeted specifically at developers.

--
+45 42 997 196

James Abbott

Oct 10, 2017, 10:21:58 AM10/10/17
to Copenhagen Ruby Brigade
Hello everybody!

Looking forward to doing this workshop with you. A quick note: please remember to bring a block of paper (A4, ideally checked), and a pen / marker / pencil for sketching out low-fidelity UI comps.

C u :-)

/James