Boundary for Optimization function

cel.c...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2024, 7:29:01 AMJan 15
to COPASI User Forum
Can I set a boundary for my Optimization function?
Best
Cel

Pedro Mendes

Jan 16, 2024, 8:05:59 AMJan 16
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Cel,

you can put (linear) boundaries for any of the parameters that you are
optimizing; these are inout as maximum and minimum values for each
parameter.

you can also add (nonlinear) boundaries for any variable, which also go
as maximum value and minimum value; these are added in the tab named
"constraints". In fact you can add maximum and/or minimum also of any
function of variables.

Be careful when adding boundaries for variables (and functions of
variables) as it is very easy to make the problem unsolvable. I would
add these one by one and only those strictly needed.

Pedro
--
Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director