Model results do not change on changed initial values

cel.c...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2024, 4:02:54 AMJan 30
to COPASI User Forum
Hello,
My model seem to not change, no matter what I change the initial concentrations to. Does anyone have an idea how I can debug this?
Best
serotonin_lifecycle.cps

sven....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2024, 4:27:31 AMJan 30
to COPASI User Forum
Hello Cel,

what kind of behaviour are you expecting? It seems the model reaches a steady state after a relatively short time of about 100000ms and stays there until much later a periodic stimulus is applied (after 2.16e7 ms).

During the first ca 100000 ms I can see the behaviour changing if I change the initial concentrations, but these effects are long over when the first stimulus arrives. Essentially the system is in a steady state that is not much affected by the initial conditions.

There is one exception to this: The amoutn of 5htr4 (in bound and free form) is conserved in the model, so its initial value has some effect on the long term behaviour, I can see that the 5ht_out behaviour changes slightly with the initial value of 5HTR4.

Hope that helps,
Sven

cel.c...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2024, 4:35:43 AMJan 30
to COPASI User Forum
Hello Sven,
thak you for your input.
I would expect the amplitude to change with changing initial conditions, so larger initial conditions, higher peaks and lower initial conditions lower peaks.
Best
Cel