Parameter Estimation

Jikson P Mathew

Jan 8, 2023, 7:13:01 PM1/8/23
to COPASI User Forum
Dear all,

Can we feed a data containing two different time axis (with different y values also) into parameter estimation for a time course study?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Jikson

Deepa

Jan 8, 2023, 9:27:56 PM1/8/23
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jikson,

Yes, we can feed the data as two separate experiments. The data can be loaded from 2 separate files or separated by an empty line if the data is stored in the
same file.

You may find this link useful

Best,
Deepa

Jikson P Mathew

Jan 9, 2023, 10:54:43 AM1/9/23
to COPASI User Forum
Thank you Deepa for the response.
I tried to do this but it does not seem to work. Please find the attached image.
I have also tried loading the two sets of data as two separate files by clicking on the + sign in the File tab under "Experimental Data". But this is also giving an error.

Thanks and regards,
Jikson

2023-01-09 16_47_49-Initial Study_1.pptx - PowerPoint.png
2023-01-09 16_42_58-Initial Study_1.pptx - PowerPoint.png
20230108_trial2.txt
20230108_trial3.txt

Frank Bergmann

Jan 9, 2023, 11:22:17 AM1/9/23
to COPASI User Forum
Hello Jikson,

if you want to use multiple time-course experiments in one text file, then the headers basically should be common to all experiments in the one file. You would just leave the values out that are not shared between experiments. Alternatively you can have many different data files that you could use. So have one time course experiment in a first file, and another in a second one.

I hope this helps,
best
Frank

data.txt

Deepa

Jan 9, 2023, 11:36:12 AM1/9/23
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jikson,

I'd like to add to Frank's reply.

The error message in the first snapshot says the species `E` and `C` are not mapped to the model elements currently.
The species can be mapped to model elements. I think for your use case, 'type' will be dependent and the Model Object can be assigned.
You may find this video tutorial useful

Best,
Deepa